18th January 2021
Dry January at The Clevedon
More people than ever before are choosing to abstain from alcohol during the month of January. It’s part of the Dry January pledge and it’s grown in popularity over the last few years. According to the British Liver Trust, “A YouGov poll released has revealed that an estimated 4.2 million people in the UK are already planning to do Dry January in 2019. That’s about one in ten people who drink. They will stop drinking alcohol for one month to feel healthier, save money and improve their relationship with alcohol long term.”
So, what if you’d like to participate? We’ve collected some tips to help you be successful in your pledge:
• Invest in a juicer. You’ll be able to experiment with new flavours such a vegetable juice while you’re abstaining from alcohol.
• Put a lock on your liquor cabinet. Give the key to a trusted friend with instructions not to return it until February 1st.
• Plan events that naturally discourage drinking alcohol. Church outings and sporting events are easy options for this.
• Purchase non-alcoholic beers instead. Many key producers make no alcohol versions of their best-selling beers.
• If you like wine, why not try sparkling cider or non-alcoholic wine? While your options will be limited, there are a few brands available at large supermarkets.
• Get a jar for your savings. Take all the money you would be spending on alcoholic beverages and put it in plain sight to show you how well you’ve been doing. Spend it on a treat for yourself when the month is out.
• Start a fitness routine. Alcohol and exercise don’t mix, so now is the perfect time to create new, healthy habits. Take the pledge with your spouse or a close friend. There’s strength in numbers.
Read more on our blog
Read more on our blog to keep up to date with recipes and everything going on at our restaurant.